As seen on the ears of fashion editors and the necks of your favourite style-gurus, shells and colourful statement resin pieces are 2 of the biggest summer jewellery trends in 2019. The simple addition of a bold or interesting earring or neck piece can elevate any outfit. These trends are fun and easy-to-wear. Another great thing about these 2019 summer jewellery trends is that they don’t have to break the bank. Prices start at “totally affordable”!
Shells are totally having a moment and are probably the biggest 2019 summer jewellery trend. Shell-adorned earrings, necklaces, bracelets and even anklets have popped up on the street style set since last summer. Luxury e-commerce site Net-A-Porter has even confirmed that shells have been a ‘huge’ trend for them. We’re now seeing them migrate to accessories like belts, bags and summer sandals as well so keep a lookout.
The key to slaying this 2019 summer jewellery trend is layering. Cowrie shell chokers are often worn with a number of longer, more delicate chains with pendants. More is definitely more with this summer look that’s not only reserved for the beach.
Shop the shell jewellery trend
1. Matter of Fakt Prima Cowrie Choker, Brass – R2250 BUY ON MATTER OF FAKT
2. Woolworths Duo Metal Shell Earrings – R100 BUY ON WOOLWORTHS
3. Matter of Fakt Cowrie Shell Bangle – R660 BUY ON MATTER OF FAKT
4. Soul Design Cowrie Shell Necklace – R599 BUY ON SOUL DESIGN
5. Pichulik Hypathia Pendant – R780 BUY ON PICHULIK
6. Soul Design Swahili Sand Dollar Necklace, Beach Hues – R499 BUY ON SOUL DESIGN
7. Superbalist Cowrie Shell Statement Earrings, Red – R249 BUY ON SUPERBALIST
8. Woolworths Layered Shell Necklace – R160 BUY ON WOOLWORTHS
9. CurAtiv Gold/ Cream California Gold Plated Shell Drop Earrings – R349 BUY ON ZANDO
10. Beryl Dingemans Tofo Beach Earrings, Gold Plated Silver – R5400 BUY ON BERYL DINGEMANS
11. Matter of Fakt Cowrie Shell Earrings, Brass – R910 BUY ON MATTER OF FAKT
12. Beryl Dingemans Tofo Beach Necklace, Gold Plated Silver – R2570 BUY ON BERYL DINGEMANS
COLOURFUL STATEMENT RESIN
This year we’re also welcoming the return of the iconic 80’s resin jewellery. Yes, plastic is indeed fantastic when it comes to this 2019 summer jewellery trend for a throwback moment with a modern twist. These pieces come in all shapes and sizes, in bright and neutral hues, and in the form of everything from chunky bangles and chain necklaces to simple hooped earrings. The fab thing about this trend is that it’s not only reserved for play. Bold statement resin pieces will instantly add a touch of high-fashion to and elevate your work-wear as well.
Shop the resin jewellery trend
1. Superbalist Hally Chunky Bangle Set, Multi – R194 BUY ON SUPERBALIST
2. Animal Print Teardrop – R240 BUY ON OSTILLY COLLECTION
3. Superbalist Ashley Multi-Coloured Statement Earrings, Multi – R299 BUY ON SUPERBALIST
4. Woolworths Colour-Block Leopard Oval Drop Earrings – R120 BUY ON WOOLWORTHS
5. Superbalist Mischa Statement Earrings, Multi – R249 BUY ON SUPERBALIST
6. Woolworth Resin Metal Disc Drop Earrings – R120 BUY ON WOOLWORTHS
7. Superbalist Resin Link Earrings, Brown – R109 BUY ON SUPERBALIST
8. Woolworths Resin Tortoiseshell Collar Necklace – R160 BUY ON WOOLWORTHS
9. Superbalist 3 Pack Chunky Bangle Set, Multi, R249 BUY ON SUPERBALIST
10. Resin Colour-Block Hoop Earrings – R80 BUY ON WOOLWORTHS
11. Black Lemon Tort Open Hoop Earrings Brown, R59 BUY ON ZANDO
12. Woolworths Resin Hoop Earrings, Green – R90 BUY ON WOOLWORTHS
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST
(Related Post: These hair accessories are trending in 2019)