In our previous posts we looked at some winter essentials i.e. coats and jackets and also knitwear. Here, we look at some other items that help keep us cosy during the colder months – scarves and boots – staples in every winter wardrobe. Our selections are all conveniently available to view and shop from our Equilibrio store.
WRAP UP WITH PRETTY SCARVES
A pretty scarf can completely change an outfit. We particularly love the new trend of “wearable art” like these beautiful cotton and silk scarves from Edition1 and L’MAD. Made from the highest quality materials, these pieces are not only beautiful garments, but wonderful tactile experiences. Check out Edition1’s Facebook page for videos on how to wear your scarf many different ways, and get creative!
1. Mango Himalaya Maxi Scarf Yellow, R599 BUY
2. Edition1 Eco-Logic Bougainvillea Bliss 100% Silk Satin Scarf, 90x90cm, R1800 BUY
3. Edition1 Car Culture Parked Cotton Scarf, 100x100cm, R499 BUY
4. Edition1 Eco-Logic Sweet Dreams 100% Silk Satin Scarf, 45x45cm R850 BUY
5. L’MAD silk scarf with artwork by Marlene Steyn, R2490 BUY
POINTY ANKLE BOOTS MAKE A RETURN
Pointy ankle boots are this season’s hottest footwear trend. Patent leather textures in colours of white, red or mirrored silver take centre stage. Black is always practical, and if possible, make it patent!
1. Castelo Ninna booties in white, R1999 BUY
2. Miss Black Aiva Ankle Boots, Black, R679 BUY
3. Footwork Polini Patent Booties, Burgundy, R559 BUY
4. Footwork Whish Kitten Heel Booties, Silver, R549 BUY
READY FOR ACTION IN COMBAT BOOTS
From the elegant ankle boot, we move over to another footwear trend, the combat boot. Dr Martin’s (or Dr Martin’s lookalikes) make a comeback! This practical trend pairs well with your skinny jeans or leggings and oversized tops.
1. London Hub Fashion Lace Up Boots, Black, R619 BUY
2. Hannah Lavery Duel Boot, R2400 BUY
3. Gia by Queue Brogue Boots, Navy, R999 BUY
4. Aldo Keeler Combat Boots, Black, R1699 BUY