Preppy plaid or check clothing has made a comeback this season and we can’t help but get flashbacks of Gossip Girl and one of our favourite teenage movies, Clueless.
The look can be a bit tricky, one has to be careful not to end up looking like a tea towel or a lumberjack. The secret is to choose well-tailored items or items like a check shirt that can be tucked into some classy high-waisted pants.
On the runways head-to-toe clashing plaids and prints were all the rage, but for everyday wear you may want to play it a little safer. Choose one check clothing item, e.g. a jacket, and style it with neutrals like a plain grey or black pair of trousers. Our T_niche Roland pants or JMVB Vogue trousers will be perfect with check. Check pants can also look great. Wear these with a slogan Tee or a plain blouse like our JMVB Meeka Blouse.
SHOP LOCAL CHECK CLOTHING:
Here are a few local items that will look great in your winter wardrobe.
1. T_niche Dan Coat, Check, R1,360 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
2. New Look Fine Knit Rib Trim Check Top Yellow, R599 BUY ON ZANDO
3. Missguided Check trouser, Mustard, R399 BUY ON SUPERBALIST
4. Missguided, Check wide leg trousers, yellow & brown, R799 BUY ON SUPERBALIST
1. New Look Check Long Sleeve Shirt Orange, R399 BUY ON ZANDO
2. New Look Check Longline Coat Red, R1599 BUY ON ZANDO
3. MRP Check Blazer, Cherry, R250 BUY ON MRP
4. T_niche Barry Blouse, Check, R680 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
5. SMUDJ Scot Pants, R990 ENQUIRE
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST
(RELATED POST: How to wear Autumn’s rich hues)