Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is around the corner. For me, it is a nice day. I either get to spend it with my husband at an intimate dinner (with overpriced roses), or we spend it with my bestie, Jill, whose birthday happens to be on Valentine’s Day! Either way, I need an outfit for my Valentine’s date, so I’ve started looking at some combinations that I’m sharing here.
If you’re not someone who likes to celebrate Valentine’s day, fall in love with this selection of South African fashion that can proudly be worn any day!
A VALENTINE’S DATE IN JEANS
If you’re like me, you’re in love with your jeans. I have every shade and shape under the sun and my love affair is unlikely to ever end. Dress your jeans up with a pretty and oh-so-trendy pink and red combination to look utterly lovely this V-day.
1. T_niche Mitch Jacket, Red, R1,510 BUY
2. Mareth | Colleen Faye Top, Blush, R449 BUY
3. Lodewijk Tote, Burnt Pink, R16,975 BUY
4. LEVI’S ® 710 Super Skinny Fit Jeans Evolution, R799 BUY
A VALENTINE’S DATE IN RED
You can’t go wrong in red this Valentine’s Day or any day. I’m thinking of wearing my Isabel De Villiers Fit & Flare dress to dinner on the 14th but gosh, the other options here are also fabulous. The T_niche Calvin Dress is a great investment and can also be worn to the office. The Laser Cut Dress is a unique show-stopper. Wear these with a red lip and you’ll be a knock-out!
1. Isabel De Villiers Fit & Flare Dress, Red, size 32-40 R1,200 and size 42-48 R1,500 BUY
2. Isabel De Villiers Boxy Dress, Red, size 32-40 R1,600 and size 42-48 R1,999 BUY
3. T_niche Calvin Dress, Fern, R1,280 BUY
4. Lula Fox Eco Lux Make-Up, Organic Moisturising Lipstick, Fire Red, R320 BUY
5. ALDO Elsinger, R1,119 (was R1,599) BUY
THE CLASSIC VALENTINE’S DATE
Some of us are not into red. We gravitate towards neutral colours like black, white, navy and grey. If this is you, rather invest in a neutral dress that you can wear any day, to any occasion, and add a pretty silk scarf to get it Valentine’s Day ready. A smokey eye will look fab with this outfit.
1. Edition1 Eco-Logic Psychedelic Bloom 100% Silk Satin Scarf, 90x90cm, R1,800 BUY
2. Mareth | Colleen Philly Wrap Dress, Black, R1,299 BUY
3. Lula Fox Ecolux Make-Up Eye Organic Shadow Duo, Plum Paradise, R540 BUY
4. ALDO Unglesbee, R1499 BUY
A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA
And here are a few other Valentine’s gifts to hint for. Votivo candles will set a sensual scene, and jewellery will always make a perfect present.
1. Lodewijk Ostrich Leather Cuff, Chilli Red, R995 BUY
2. Votivo Aromatic Red Currant Red Opulence Candle, 460g, R850 BUY
3. Kirsten Goss Bomber Earrings in Rose Gold Vermeil, Pink, R3,240 BUY
4. Lula Fox Ecolux Make-Up, Organic Lip Set, Vino Gloss Duo, R550 BUY
5. Votivo Soziety Candle, Pucker Up Pink, 270g, R650 (retail price R1,380) BUY
Whether you’re celebrating it or not, show some love for South African fashion this Valentine’s Day.
(RELATED POST: Leopard print to glam up you wardrobe)