When we look at the colour trends of 2019, a few really stand out: coral, beige, red and lilac etc. But could the hot pink trend be the biggest of them all? We’re inclined to say “yes”, pink will very likely be the hottest colour of 2019. It started in awards season with many celebs wearing bright pink to the Oscars and Golden Globes, then Lady Gaga wore a hot pink creation to the Met. And still, the colour is spotted on the streets in the northern hemisphere this autumn and by trendy local SA celebs.
The hue ranges from fuschia to magenta and neon pink, but it’s certainly bright. Wear this colour head-to-toe or mix it up with some other colours. We’ve seen hot pink mixed with neutrals like beige or clashing with other brights like orange, blue and green. Be bold with your interpretation of colour trends in 2019.
SHOP HOT PINK ON EQUILIBRIO
These are a few of our favourite local hot pink items, made by South African designers. We anticipate a whole bunch more coming to the fore this season and we can’t wait! Bright pink is a colour that can be worn in so many ways and suits all skin tones, so it’s an easy decision to invest in this colour this year.
1. JMVB St Remy Party Dress, Pink, R1,500 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
2. JMVB Eze Tee, White, R450 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
3. JMVB Vence Skirt, Hot Pink, R750 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
4. Lodewijk Cuff, Cyclamen Pink, R995 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
5. Lodewijk Flap Bag, Cyclamen Pink, R9,850 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
6. Erre Just Sleeve It Drawstring Dress, Pink, R1,600 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
7. Kirsten Goss Fragmaxx Brass Cuff, R2,190 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
1. JMVB Kate Dress, Pink, R990 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
2. Kirsten Goss Bomber Earrings in Rose Gold Vermeil, Pink, R3,090 SHOP ON EQUILIBRIO
3. Erre Multi-Way Myri Dress, Pink, R1,900 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
4. Good Ragdoll Dress, Pink Cats, R625 (was R1,250) BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
5. JMVB Nice Tee, Black, R450 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
6. JMVB Gourdon Pants Cropped, Pink Paisley, R900 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
7. Lodewijk Tote, Burnt Pink, R16,975 BUY ON EQUILIBRIO
Have you got a favourite item? All of our items are proudly made and designed in South Africa. Hope you enjoy this hottest of hot colour trends of 2019.
(RELATED POST: IN STYLE WITH JMVB’S 2019 SUMMER COLLECTION)