Not sure what to wear for this in-between weather? You don’t need to go out and invest in an entire new wardrobe. Simply modify your summer jumpsuit or dress by layering on some outerwear and accessories. On autumn days when it’s colder, you can also add a lightweight shirt, turtleneck or mesh top underneath your dress or jumpsuit for an extra layer.
We’ve selected some warmer weather staples from our online shop, and styled them for our crazy in-between weather. It’s so easy and you can have loads of fun. Don’t be afraid to show your unique sense of style – fashion is about personal expression after all.
A JUMPSUIT FOR ALL SEASONS
Isabel calls this her summer jumpsuit but it’s the perfect in-between weather item. Pull on an interesting lightweight coat, colourful (or not) trainers, and you’ve transitioned to the perfect Jozi autumn outfit. If it gets a little cool, Guillotine’s beautifully made mesh tops or the perfect item for adding an additional layer under your jumpsuit.
1. Marlene Steyn for L’MAD, No Mad Woman’s Room Silk Twill Scarf, R2190 BUY
2. Isabel de Villiers Summer Jumpsuit – Black, R999 to R1200 BUY
3. New Look Check Bar Back Maxi Coat Black, R1299 BUY
4. Kirsten Goss Wildcard no.11 Earrings in yellow gold vermeil, R2840 BUY
5. Guillotine Bodystocking – Black, R899 BUY
6. Reebok Sole fury- se- white/black/solar gold, R1599 BUY
7. Sam Star Ballerina Pumps – Yellow, R1030 BUY
TRANSITION YOUR SUMMER DRESS
Flowy and flared summer dresses are some of the easiest pieces to wear during the transitional season. Wear a maxi-dress with on oversized jumper, peep-toed booties and statement earrings. Take your mid-length, flared dress and style it with a belted blazer and a pair of sneakers or booties to make it autumn-appropriate.
1. Mareth | Colleen Philly Wrap Dress – Marigold, R1299 BUY
2. Yellow Jewellery Anaid Earrings II, R550 BUY
3. Style Republic Volume Sleeve Jersey – Black, R339 BUY
4. Milaluna Brown Leather Handle Bag, R3700 BUY
5. Woolworths Peep Toe Knit Sock Boots – Black, R599 BUY
6. Nike Womens MD Runner 2 Sneakers White, R1099 BUY
7. Isabel de Villiers Fit & Flare Dress – Grey, R1200-R1500 BUY
8. Witchery Belted Blazer – Chocolate, R1999 BUY
THE CLASSIC TRENCH
A lightweight trench coat couldn’t be better for transitional dressing. It’s the perfect extra layer over everything from our statement Guillotine skirt, chic dresses to jeans. Go for black and keep it monochrome for a classically cool look.
1. Kirsten Goss Onion Earrings in Sterling Silver, R1440 BUY
2. Sissy Boy Trench Coat – Black, R1999 BUY
3. Mareth | Colleen May Top – Black, R550 BUY
4. Sam Star Pumps – Navy, R1479 BUY
5. Levi’s ® Orange Tab Slim Leg Jeans – Axel, R1299 BUY
6. Mareth | Colleen Harper Dress – Navy, R690 BUY
7. Guillotine Tulip Skirt – Black, R1295 BUY
8. Woolworths Peep Toe Knit Sock Boots – Black, R599 BUY
9. Sam Star Platform Sandals – Black, R1670 BUY
(RELATED POST: 7 Ways to be an ethical & sustainable fashionista)