Looking for a little extra motivation to get back to the gym and a regular exercise routine? We can totally relate. If you need an extra boost to get up and get moving, trade in that old T-shirt and invest in some cool new summer activewear. Getting some new gear is the perfect source of some much needed inspiration and motivation. Picture yourself getting fitter and stronger, shop our new summer activewear picks and get moving.
Matching sets are a big activewear trend in 2018. And sometimes the simple act of putting on a coordinating set and achieving a really “put-together look” for the gym, is just the trick you need to get you there!
1. Baya Fit Athena Set Black, R1258 BUY
3. Baya Fit Camo Palm Power Print Set Multi, R1131 (Same style as 4, just a different colour) BUY
4. Baya Fit Girly Palm Power Print Set Long Multi, R1131 (Same style as 3, just a different colour) BUY
I generally like to train hard and work up a good sweat. I’ve learned that if you don’t want unflattering sweat lines to show during your workout, you should opt for darker leggings.
1. Baya Fit Dazzle Leggings Black, R883 BUY
2. Nike Performance W NK PWR Essential Tights HBR Grey, R779 BUY
3. Day Chaser Harlow Black Pocket Leggings with Mesh, on sale for only R449 BUY
I LOVE these leggings – this is great value for money. They have a superb high waist, cool mesh detail and I’m always using the handy pockets on the thighs where I comfortably shove a key and my iPhone while I shop or walk about.
If you feel that full length leggings are a bit warm for the summer months, then you can opt for a slightly shorter, cropped style. These Under Armour cropped leggings are perfect for any workout including running. They have an ultra-tight, second-skin fit for a locked-in feel, and a secure side zip storage pocket for keys when you’re out on a run.
1. Under Armour Fly Fast Graphic Crop Black/After Burn/Reflective, R1199 BUY
2. Under Armour Fly Fast Crop Black, R899 BUY
SUPPORTIVE SPORTS BRAS
Sports bra’s that offer at least medium support during a robust workout are essential. And they don’t have to be ugly or boring. These stylish options give you the support you need and will look good worn as a crop top at the gym (if you’re so inclined).
1. Nike Performance Classic Adjust Bra Black/ White, R529 BUY
The bra offers a greatly personalised fit thanks to the soft, adjustable elastic straps and adjustable chest band.
2. Reebok Performance Hero Power Bra Multi, R979 BUY
3. Under Armour Mid Crossback Bra Black, R599 BUY
4. Adidas Performance Workout Bra Multi, R479. BUY
The high compression fabric offers medium support. Note that this bra is not padded.
SUMMER TANKS AND TEE’S
For layering your cool new gym look.
1. Puma Performance Lose Tee Puma Black, R699 BUY
2. Adidas Performance Tank Top Black/White, R279 BUY
3. MOVEPRETTY Elastic Tank Black, R360. (Also available in tangerine, white, navy, and charcoal) BUY
4. Nike Performance Womens Nike Dry Mile Short Sleeve Top Pink, R359 BUY
Another gym essential for me is a simple tote to carry a towel, water bottle and wallet, or for dirty gear after a workout. These environment friendly, unbleached cotton totes with cute slogans are perfect (45cm x 50cm x 12cm).
Fineapple Giant Sweat For Champagne Tote Gold, R229 BUY
Fineapple Giant Hustle For The Muscle Sports Tote Pink, R229 BUY
Fineapple Giant Cardio Is Hardio Sports Tote Pink, R229 BUY
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST
(RELATED POST: Start a fitness bucket list today)