When on holiday you no doubt want to wear less makeup and keep your skin looking clear, fresh and radiant. You want to get that gorgeous holiday glow that takes 10 years off your face! A paired down, but still thorough, beauty routine and religious sun care will help you achieve this. Here are some of the summer holiday beauty essential we’d be packing for our summer Euro-trip to make sure we look our best on holiday.
AN ESSENTIAL BEAUTY ROUTINE
1. Dermalogica intensive moisture cleanser, 150ml – R499 BUY ON DERMALOGICA
A face-wash cleanser that removes makeup and doensn’t leave your skin feeling tight and dry.
2. Dermalogica skin resurfacing cleanser, 150ml – R779 BUY ON DERMALOGICA
An Equilibrio favourite that cleanses and exfoliates helping to remove the grime build-up we experience when traveling and sightseeing and covering ourselves in sunscreen.
3. Dermalogica antioxidant hydramist, 150ml – R799 BUY ON DERMALOGICA
You SIMPLY cannot travel without a face mist! This antioxidant hydramist an awesome travel product because you use it as a toner, makeup setting spray, and a hydrating face mist throughout the day.
4. ESSE Probiotic Serum 30ml, R1250 BUY ON FAITHFUL TO NATURE
The only serum you’ll need on holiday. This wonderful local, organic serum has long been a favourite of ours. Read our full review of this amazing product here.
5. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular™ Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser 50ml, R1464 BUY ON FAITHFUL TO NATURE
A certified organic moisturiser that contains antioxidant-rich ingredients that hydrate and nourish the skin. And we love the clean, citrus fresh smell.
6. Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm, 15ml – R949 BUY ON DERMALOGICA
We’re a little torn about our favourite eye creams so we’re packing both. This is a great treatment that also fills all those nasty little creases under the eye.
7. Zelens Triple-Action Advanced Eye Cream – R1400 BUY ON METROPOLITAIN
This is a wonderful cream to use to help soothe tired, puffy eyes from late nights and busy days!
(Related post: We’re having a love affair with Dermalogica )
ESSENTIAL SUN PROTECTION
In addition to investing in a wide-brimmed hat, and making sure that you’re never over-exposed to the sun, a good quality sunscreen is always a must. This applies to your hair too. We so often forget that the sun can ravage our hair as well!
(Related post: Five Facts About Sunscreen You Need To Know )
1. Sunumbra Family Sunscreen SPF30, 250ml – R430 BUY ON FAITHFUL TO NATURE
An effective natural sunscreen that offers both UVA and UVB protection.
2. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream SPF30 available in 5 shades, 50ml – R725 BUY ON FAITHFUL TO NATURE
This is a fabulous organic multi-tasking product – it treats, protects and helps smooth out skin tone. A great all-on-one for the face that doesn’t clog your pores.
3. Davines SU Sun Care Line (for the hair and body)
You can pretty much invest in the entire line which includes (from left to right) the SU Aftersun gel, a “pre-and post-sun” SU Hair Milk, SU Hair & Body Wash, and SU Hair Mask. Earlier this year in May, Davines relaunched their SU line because they wanted to create a more sustainable, planet-friendly line. This includes using less plastic in the packaging. The SU Hair & Body Wash remains our absolute favourite body wash! Contact Davines South Africa for you closest stockists.
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST