Trust Carrie Bradshaw to show us the way! It was Sarah Jessica Parker who famously broke the rules in 2011 when she wore pink flared pants and a red blouse on the David Letterman Show. At first everyone was shocked and then they all wanted to try it. And now, pairing red and pink is no longer on the fashion “no-no” list.
Since then we’ve seen many rules broken over and over again, and we now have the freedom to pair just about anything we want together.
Spring/Summer 2018 collections offered red and pink, boldly paired together. We’ve seen it both internationally and here in SA. At the last SA Fashion Week Judith Atelier, Black Coffee and Isabel de Villiers all showed red and pink combinations.
(RELATED POST: Trends From SA Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2018)
HOW TO WEAR RED AND PINK
Don’t be afraid to throw colours together that were previously labeled “clashing”. Be brave and start pairing different colour combinations, textures and prints.
If you want to ease into the red and pink trend, take it slow and start with your accessories. See, for example, the pink ombre dress by Elie Saab with a red clutch and sunglasses.
Also become comfortable with pairing different shades of red and pink together. The neutral pink and deep red in the Judith Atelier garments look just as striking as the magenta and red in the Isabel De Villiers outfits.
Some of the Judith Atelier garments are now available on Zando. Click here to check them out.
Here are a few ideas for red and pink combinations:
1. COMME DES GARÇONS Big Heart Print T-Shirt, R1800 BUY
2. Lodewijk Cuff, Chilli Red, R995 BUY
3. Lodewijk Flap Bag, Cyclamen Pink, R9850 BUY
4. Kirsten Goss Bomber Earrings in Rose Gold Vermeil, Pink, R3240 BUY
5. Danielle Frylinck high-waisted Everyday Pants, Red, R830 BUY
1. Mareth | Colleen Holly Dress, Red, R890.00 BUY
2. Joy Collectables Netted Craft Bag Pale Pink, R249 BUY
3. Edition1 Eco-Logic Psychedelic Bloom 100% Silk Satin Scarf, 90x90cm, R1800 BUY
4. Tommy Hilfiger Slingback Wedges Rose, R1349 BUY
1. Amanda Laird Cherry Noluvo Shirt Dress Red/Blue, R1350 BUY
2. Kirsten Goss Wildcard no.4 Earrings in Rose Gold Vermeil, R6240 BUY
3. Lula Fox Ecolux Make-Up Lip Set, Vino Gloss Duo, R550 BUY
4. Lodewijk Tote (with makeup bag), Burnt Pink, R16975 BUY
5. Sam Star Pumps with triple layer inner sole, Pink, R1479 BUY
SA FASHION WEEK IS COMING SOON…
More than 60 designers will show their Autumn/Winter 2019 Collections on the Protea Court Rooftop in Sandton City from the 23 – 27 October. This will include the sought after SAFW New Talent Search, the Cape Wool SA Designer Challenge and the StyleBySA Collections by WW. SAFW Women and SAFW Men Collections will run parallel to the SAFW Trade Event where boutique, departmental and online store buyers can buy the Collections from the designers.
Tickets for the shows will be available at Computicket from the 23rd September.
(RELATED POST: Spring/Summer 2018 – red and green)