I’m so excited about Spring/Summer 2017’s shoe trends. They are comfortable, practical and wearable. Here are my top five shoe trends of the season, all available online, and you can shop the trend straight from this post!
These can be worn with anything from dresses and skirts to jeans. This slipper-like shoe is brilliantly comfortable and easy to kick off when you collapse on the couch after a hard day.
- DailyFriday Cross over leather sandal, R199
- Moses Baby Pink Freedom Slippers, R799
- Woolworths Twist Bow Mule Sandals, R299
- Aldo CAMMILA, R799
- Aldo SIRNA, R799
- DailyFriday Double slide sandal, R199
- Country Road Effie Slide, R599
- Vero Moda Mari leather sandal, R649
- Witchery Sia Espadrille Slide, R599
The block heel is the stiletto’s easy-going cousin. Still elegant with any clothing and very practical for work.
- Vero Moda Sila Leather Mule, R999
- Studio W Lace Up Block Heel Sandals, R699
- Mimco In the Fold Mule, R1499
- Country Road Nelly Slingback Heel, R1299
- Mimco Sleepwalk Mid Pump, R1299
- Madison Albany, R599
- Footwork Farrah, R499
Mules are shoes that are open at the back. I particularly like the loafer-style mule which is great when it is not that hot outside.
- Dolce Vita Bogota Mules Pale Pink, R299
- Sol Sana Kimmy Slide, R1399
- Jada Asher Mules Nude, R199
- Woolworths Slip On Mule Espadrilles, R180
- Aldo Leather Shahan Mules Gold, R1199
- Gia by Queue Suede Pointy Push-in Mules Dark Grey, R499
- Jeffrey Campbell Apfel Slipper, R2299
- Steven Madden Snapp, R999
- Jada Aimee Bow Detail Mules Stone, R199
The sneaker trend continues from Winter into Spring. Sneakers are no longer just for the gym, you can wear them with anything from dresses to jeans. Look out for embellished, interesting sneakers or pure white.
- Asics Gel-Lyte Komachi Grey, R1299
- Reebok Classic Nylon Rose, R999
- Woolworths Lace Up Metallic Inset Sneakers, R350
- G-star Raw Rovulc Denim Sneakers, R1299
- Aldo MERANE-N Sneakers, R999
- Puma Suede Safari Sneakers Neutral and Gold, R1399
- New Balance Omni Black and White, R1699
- Crouch Casual Slip On Flats With Bow Detail Black, R499
The men’s-wear trend is still alive and well with lace-up shoes or brogues. They look great with cropped pants or a midi skirt.
- Matsidiso Xolani in Pumpkin Spikkle, R1090
- Trenery Perforated Leather Joey Derby, R1199
- Gia by Queue Leather Brogues Grey, R799
- Dolce Vita Pavia Lace Ups Neutral, R349
- Campers Bowie Cut Away Brogue, R3100
- Rare Earth Rayne Women’s Shoes, R1199
For more Spring/Summer fashion trends, read our posts on Mercedes Benz Fashion Week S/S’17, how to wear the bralette trend and the off the shoulder trend. Keep an eye on Equilibrio for tons more Spring/Summer fashion posts.