We are on a new year mission here at Equilibrio to regain a balanced, healthy life. Getting back into enjoying almost daily workouts is a huge part of this for us. Last year was a tough year that left us a little frazzled, hopelessly unfit and not in great shape. Having been marathon runners, we now struggle to do a good 5k run! So, Michelle and I made a pact and agreed that we need to get back on track. She then promptly entered us into our first 10k race in a couple of weeks. (She loves to surprise me by entering us into fun little races like this.)
(RELATED POST: Become a 10k runner in just 10 weeks)
Jokes aside, entering races has always been a foolproof way to get us into a disciplined training regime. Another thing that adds motivation to get us into the gym or out on the road is, of course, some cool new workout gear. This means it’s time to shop! Here’s a look at some of the new summer workout gear we’re buying.
There is nothing like new running gear and a great playlist to add extra motivation to your race training. A really good quality running bra is essential, as are a good pair of running shoes. Super light, technical fabric t-shirts are also a must for me as I overheat so easily.
1. Shock Absorber The Run Bra White/Grey, R729 BUY
2. Shock Absorber Spacer Moulded Bra Multi, R399 BUY
3. Puma Performance Explosive Top Pearl, R649 BUY
4. Asics Performance Layering SS Top Black, R429 BUY
5. Nike Performance W Nk Run Tank Storm Pink, R289 BUY
6. Adidas How We Do 7/8 Tights, R1399 BUY
7. Adidas Adizero Sprintweb 3/4 Tights, R1049 (normally R1499). BUY
The ultimate compression tight from Adidas.
8. Brooks Adrenaline GS 18 Shoes Multi, R2499 BUY
9. Adidas Performance Pure Boost x Trainers Multi, R2299 BUY
10. Under Armour W Charged Spark Running Shoes Black/Steel, R1299 BUY
Here are a couple of other useful items that will help you get the most out of your training sessions. These include, a good set of sports headphones, forearm band (for storing your phone or other stuff), and a pair of compression socks to aid with recovery.
1. TOMTOM USB Earphones Black, R1499 BUY
2. Puma Performance PR evoKNIT Forearm Band, R159 (normally R299) BUY
3. Asics Performance LB Compression Socks Grey/Pink, R529 BUY
A quick running tip: Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment is the best thing to use to manage chafing. I tried a ton of products which never worked until Michelle suggested I try this. I laughed at first but after trying this, I’ve never had any chafing issues since!
WORKOUT GEAR TO STRIKE A POSE IN
Running can be quite hard on the body. As a result, it’s really important to take time to stretch and recover. We like to include some low impact yoga or Pilates sessions for stretching and core strength training into our weekly training program.
1. Maaji Reversible Active Twist Bloom Tourmaline Bra Multi, R1129 BUY
This gorgeous medium impact sports bra is reversible and can be worn four ways, front, back or reversed front or back. So cool!
2. Maaji Active Vibrant Fig Bra Multi, R1259 BUY
3. Nike Performance Swoosh Logo Bra Black/White, R399 BUY
4. Utopia Mesh Top Black, R199 BUY
5. Nike Performance W Nk Miler Tank Metallic, R499 BUY
6. Puma Performance Explosive Deep V-Tank Olive Green, R799 BUY
7. Movepretty Athleisure The Classy T Grey/Coral, R395 BUY
8. Maaji Active Native Fig Tights Multi, R1659 BUY
9. Puma Explosive 7/8 tight Black, R1099 BUY
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST
(RELATED POST: Why I can’t be body positive right now)