It’s a sizzling hot summer in Jozi. As we head back to work, we’re wondering what on earth to wear to cope with this heat while still being able to look polished. Some of us have to endure a cramped commute. Some of us work in offices with an air-con while others (like me) don’t. And some of us have to run around to meetings during the day without looking frazzled. Here’s some new summer workwear inspiration to help you keep your cool and look stylish despite a heat wave.
A tailored top or sheer button-up blouse paired with wider-leg pants or culottes is a classical office-chic look and offers a cooler option to a trouser suit. Even more so if you choose fabrics that breathe.
1. Kirsten Goss Bomber Earrings in Rose Gold Vermeil, Pink R3240 BUY
2. Mareth | Colleen May Top, Navy R550 BUY
3. Woolworths Sheer Blouse, Pink R350 (Also available in black) BUY
4. Good Clothing Wide Pants Stripe, Blue and Pink R799 BUY
5. Woolworths Fine Stripe Linen Blend Trousers, from R699 BUY
6. Lodewijk Tote, Burnt Pink R16975 BUY
7. Sam Star Peep Toe Sandals, Tan. On sale for R1272 (normally R1570) BUY
STAY COOL IN A FLOATY YET SMART DRESS
Relaxed fit dresses are a great way to stay cool in summer.
1. Fortune Clothing Antifit wrap dress, White R1599 BUY
2. Kirsten Goss Onion Earrings in Rose Gold Vermeil, R1540 BUY
3. Country Road Spot Print Maxi Dress, Navy R1799 BUY
4. Hannah Lavery Fold Over Mule, Black R1700 (I have 2 pairs of these super comfy mules!)BUY
5. Kirsten Goss Fragmaxx Brass Cuff, R2140 BUY
6. Jeffrey Campbell Purdy Bow Black Wash, R3599 BUY
7. Country Road 100% Leather Marley Crossbody Tote, R1799 BUY
LAYER UP FOR AN AIR-CONDITIONED OFFICE
This stylish sleeveless dress by local designer T_niche is the perfect summer dress to wear to an air-conditioned office. Wear it with a pair of stylish black court shoes and keep a classic blazer handy to layer up against the cold indoors.
1. Witchery Stripe Blazer, Milk White R2199 BUY
2. Woolworths Classic Blazer, Black From R599 BUY
3. T_niche Calvin Dress, Black R980 BUY
4. T_niche Calvin Dress, Fern R1280 BUY
PAIR MIDI SKIRTS WITH LIGHT BLOUSES
Tuck a short sleeve shirt into a loose-fitting midi skirt for a more casual but still polished look at the office. Another great thing about separates is that you can create a number of outfits with just a couple of core items.
1.Trenery Short Sleeve Modal Shirt, Dark Pink R699 BUY
2. Witchery Placket Front Tank, Aquamarine R699 BUY
3. JW Anderson Pleat Skirt Squiggle, R3699 (marked down from R12300) BUY
4. Mango Striped Asymmetric Skirt, Blue R419 BUY
5. Lodewijk Flap Bag, Iris Blue R9850 BUY
6. Sam Star Pumps, Navy R1479 BUY (The comfiest pumps around, perfect for long days on your feet.)
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST
(RELATED POST: For more hot weather workwear inspiration, read our post Summer Workwear Ideas and Outfits)