Some might think that Valentine’s Day is a bit cheesy. But in today’s frantic-paced, constantly connected world, we think we all need a small reminder to stop and appreciate the people near and dear to us. A gesture as simple as a bouquet of flowers or crazy pair of “Zeff Leopard” boxers for him, goes a long way in communicating that you care. Equilibrio has put together some ideas in our first Valentine’s Day Gift Guide. Don’t be shy – drop a hint on what you like and send our Valentine’s Day Gift Guide to your significant other.
We also have a fabulous competition to win a Valentine’s Day Couples’ Spa Package, courtesy of Aura Skincare, at the end of this post, so keep reading.
No need to fight the crowds on Valentine’s Day. Surprise your partner with a relaxing couples’ spa treatment or take matters into your own hands and create an intimate evening at home. Create a sensual bath-time experience; light some candles, put Amy Winehouse on the turntable and chill some special bubbles. Switch-off and take time to simply enjoy each other’s company without interruption from the outside world.
1. Various Valentine’s Day treatments available from Aura Skincare located at 65 6th St, Parkhurst, Johannesburg. Visit the Aura Skincare website or contact them on 0718898572. You can also enter the competition below and stand a chance to win a wonderful Valentine’s Day Couples’ Spa Treatment Package with Aura Skincare to the value of R2500.
2. Personalised dot monogram fleece gown with piping, R700 each. BUY Slip into matching monogrammed robes for the evening.
3. Rainbow bath soy massage candle – Loving , 200ml. R160. BUY Massage each other with warm massage candle wax infused with ylang ylang and rosewood essential oils that relieve tension and exhaustion.
4. Pink Moet and two crystal flute glasses, R1299. BUY Bubbles maketh the evening! Go for something special – you’re worth it!
5. Bare Naturals body bath & massage oil – Allure, 50ml for R100. #buylocal BUY This seductive mix is fittingly named Allure. Add some to the bath and let it melt away tension and awaken your passion.
6. Rainbow Temptation macaroon combo box of 16 for R300. BUY These blissful mouthfuls are so utterly dreamy and the perfect romantic treat to enjoy with a glass of delicious bubbles.
TELL HER SHE’S YOUR GODDESS
1. Luna Lilly Set, R580. #buylocal BUY Any girl will feel sensual in this feminine bralette with silver shimmers paired with luxurious satin shorts. All Luna products are beautifully gift wrapped making this the perfect Valentine’s Day gift.
2. Amy Winehouse – Lioness: Hidden Treasures (2LP), R500. BUY
3. Essential sleep shirt, cotton loop stripe, R 720. #buylocal BUY Made from super lightweight cotton, this is the ultimate loungewear piece and apparently, guys love their gals in soft sleep shirts.
4. Jessica Anne ‘You are beautiful’ Tee, R 290. #buylocal BUY
5. Flowers! No matter how long we’ve been together, we always adore the romanticism of receiving a generous bouquet of flowers. Netflorest can deliver anything your heart desires and for any budget. BUY
WE ALL LOVE SOME BLING
1. Matter of Fakt Rose Quartz Duo Bangle, R1000 #buylocal BUY The prettiest brass bangle with a Rose Quartz crystal set on either side.
2. Famke black aventurine necklace, rose gold plated. R790 #buylocal BUY She’ll adore this stylish black aventurine stone (±1cm diameter) pendant with rose gold plated 60cm sterling silver chain.
3. Solitaire Cut Diamond Earrings, R12980 (were R23800). BUY Every woman needs a pair of classic and forever stylish diamond studs. 9kt white gold illusion set diamond stud earrings set with round brilliant cut diamonds totaling 0.15ct (insured until safely delivered).
4. Janine Binneman Jewellery personalized stamped cuff. Sterling silver, yellow gold plated (also available in silver and rose gold), R1680. #buylocal BUY Surprise her (or him) with a personalised piece of jewellery with your own message of adoration.
5. NetJewel 9KT Rose Gold Diamond Hoop Earrings, R20299 (was R 31120) BUY Spoil her rotten with these sexy rose gold hoop earrings.
SHOW HIM SOME LOVE TOO
1. Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless Audio Headphones & Fitness Tracker, R2399. BUY He’ll love this all-in-one training solution that combines an in-ear precision heart rate monitor, immersive Dolby® sound, and real-time voice coaching using the Jabra Sport Life™ app.
2. !QMS Purifying Facial for Men, R770 at Aura Skincare. Because men need facials too! A deep cleansing and detoxifying treatment especially designed for men, that refines pores, eliminates impurities and hydrates. Contact them on 071 889 8572 or, enter the competition below and stand a chance to win this treatment as part of a Valentine’s Day Couples’ Spa Package giveaway with Aura Skincare to the value of R2500.
3. Nixon Re-Run, Silver, Gold or Gun Metal (more straps and colours available), R1760 (normally R2000). BUY He’ll look super cool wearing this retro digital design.
4. Kitchen Craft BarCraft Gin Cocktail Gift Set, R899. BUY This will appeal to the mixologist in anyone!
5. Pop Idol Recording Studio Experience in Parktown North, Johannesburg. R950 for a 1 hour, state of the art, recording studio experience. BUY
6. Woodstock Laundry, boxer shorts Zeff Leopard, R295. #buylocal BUY I have to get these for my hubby if only for the name!
7. Bespoke Suit for Men, Parkhurst Johannesburg, R7350. #buylocal BUY Every man should own a bespoke suit that fits him perfectly! During the initial fitting in the Parkhurst studio, he will be assisted in selecting the perfect style, fabric and colour of the suit.
Mantality has an awesome variety of interesting “experience” gifts. Check additional stuff they have on offer here.
Stand a chance to win with Aura Skincare.
Aura Skincare located in the heart of Parkhurst, Johannesburg, is giving away a Valentine’s Day Couples’ Spa Package, to the value of R2500 to one lucky Equilibrio reader.
This giveaway includes:
A !QMS Purifying Facial for Men
A !QMS Classic Collagen Facial
Plus: A 30-minute couples back, neck and shoulder massage
Plus: A glass of bubbles to sip on
To enter, go to the comments section below this post. Enter your name and email address (you can ignore the “website block” if you wish), and answer this simple question:
What is the name of the beauty salon located in the heart of Parkhurst, Johannesburg that is giving away an amazing Valentine’s Day Couples’ Spa Package to the value of R2500?
Winners will be announced on our website and Facebook page on Saturday, 10 February and will be informed by email shortly thereafter. You’d need to make your own travel arrangements to Aura Skincare in Parkhurst, Johannesburg. The Aura Skincare giveaway is valid for three years.
(RELATED POST: Outfits for every kind of Valentine’s date)