With Valentine’s Day around the corner, you may be wondering what to wear for your special evening out. The question is – will your love be spoiling you with a smart dinner, or a rustic picnic in the park? Both are equally romantic, but require quite different outfits! Here are a few ideas on what to wear so that you look perfectly loveable on the “Day of Love”.
THE SMART VALENTINE’S DATE
Look the part at your fancy dinner date with this gorgeous ankle-length rose dress by Amanda Laird Cherry. Carry the pink theme through with drop earrings in 24k gold and semi-precious stones by local designer Beryl Dingemans and a leather clutch with laser cut-outs by Ilundi. Add the finishing touch with a pink velvet block-heel.
1. Amanda Laird Cherry Katya satin-like belted maxi dress mid pink, R995 BUY
2. Beryl Dingemans 24k gold long pink opal & green amethyst earrings, R1395 BUY
3. Ilundi Wilderness clutch in oyster, R650 BUY
4. Madison shoes in gracie blush with gold heel, R429 (was R699) BUY
THE CASUAL VALENTINE’S DATE
Perhaps your idea of a romantic evening, is a visit to a cosy family restaurant, your favourite sidewalk cafe or a romantic homemade dinner. For a casual Valentine’s evening try this linen-blend pink dress with 3/4 sleeves and casual-cool pockets. Dress it up with interesting earrings made of beads and fabric by AyalaBar. I love this shoulder bag by local designer Thalia Strates and couldn’t resist these slides with floppy bows to match.
1. Amanda Laird Cherry Sancia linen blend dress mid pink, R995 BUY
2. AyalaBar 1391 earrings, R1600 BUY
3. Thalia Strates Geneva Bag in sand nubuck, R4500 BUY
4. Jeffrey Campbell sunmist flat slides in taupe, R2799 BUY
THE HOT VALENTINE’S DATE
If your idea of a great night out includes cocktails and some dancing, this hot red dress with ruffles and front wrap detail is for you. Add some playful little heart earrings, a striking clutch and elegant black sandals. Now all you need to complete the look is a watermelon martini!
1. Little Mistress maxi dress with wrap front in red, R1124 (was R1499) BUY
2. Dear Rae Jewellery heart earrings in sterling silver, R460 BUY
3. Okapi Nambi Ahos blue jean ostrich shin with gold hardware, R11050 BUY
4. Steve Madden Born Heeled sandals in black, R999 BUY
THE OUTDOORS VALENTINE’S DATE
Maybe you’ll be lucky enough to spend your Valentine’s Day outdoors – perhaps a romantic picnic or a ride on a boat! For this kind of date an adorable playsuit will be perfect. Pair with Beryl Dingemans red bamboo and coral hoops and this summers “it” bag, the basket bag. The pink slides with flowers and pearls are the “pièce de résistance” of your outfit.
1. London Hub border print wrap front playsuit in red R334 (was R499) BUY
2. Beryl Dingemans Small red bamboo coral hoops, R995 BUY
3. On Y va Jemima basket bag, R975 BUY
4. Jeffrey Campbell Jova Flower sandals in pink, R3299 BUY
(RELATED POSTS: look your best at the office, check out our Summer Workwear post.)