This season, you have the freedom to follow your mood and dress to express yourself. If you don’t feel like wearing the strong reds and greens that take centre stage this season, pastels are the perfect go-to. They were seen all over the international catwalks from soft pinks to blues, yellows and lilac. Take your pick of one of these sugary colours.
PASTELS INSPO #1
A colour that I haven’t seen since my flower girl years, lilac. We saw ultra violet earlier this year but its softer cousin hasn’t been around for decades. If head to toe lilac conjures up imagery of My Little Pony, rather add accents of pastels to your outfit like some lilac sneakers.
1. Only, Keen Box Tee Pale Purple, R149 BUY
2. Lula Fox Ecolux Make-Up Lip Set, Alluring Plum, R490 BUY
3. Danielle Frylinck, Everyday Pants, White, R830 BUY
4. Asics Tiger, Gel-Movimentum Pale Purple, R1299 BUY
PASTELS INSPO #2
Probably one of the most flattering shades for any skin tone, soft blue. And it’s always stunning when mixed with crisp white.
1. Kirsten Goss Bomber Earrings in Sterling Silver, Blue, R3140 BUY
2. Mareth | Colleen Holly Dress, White, R890 BUY
3. Danielle Frylinck Amy Inspired Pants, Blue and White, R920 BUY
4. Amanda Laird Cherry, Alessa Dress Pale Blue, R995 BUY
PASTELS INSPO #3
Pink has been around for many seasons and it remains a favourite.
1. Mareth | Colleen Philly Wrap Dress, Hand Painted Print, R1299 BUY
2. Kirsten Goss Wildcard no.4 Earrings in Rose Gold Vermeil, R6240 BUY
3. Sam Star Pumps, Pink, R1479.00 BUY
4. Lula Fox Ecolux Make-Up Lip Set, Rock n Rose Gloss Duo, R550 BUY
5. Amanda Laird Cherry, Eleonora Satin-like Maxi Dress Rose, R1199 BUY
(RELATED POST: Is Red and Pink the New Black and White?)